10 January 2008




Hello Everybody (well those of you still checking this site):


Pictures are not posting from this computer i am using here. Maybe soon I will get an internet connection in my home. This school lies.

Classes ended on the 28th of December and I graded my last exam a week ago. Only four students failed, one out of pure stupidity and the others because they just are not smart. I was given my first class assignment for next term. That is unusual because normally this school does not tell teachers what they will teach until a day or two before classes start.

Classes do not start again until the 18th of February. A few of us are going to travel around China. Tomorrow we are off to Shanghai and come back here on Wednesday. Then next weekend it is Hong Kong (one of the other teachers needs to get a new Visa), then to Guangzhou for a week of teaching at a winter camp (the weather will be warm) then we may go to the Chinese version of Hawaii. The island is Hunan, that spelling is probably wrong. We plan on being back in Nanchang around the 10th of February.

I think my term will be done in mid to late June, I will come to the states until mid-August. Plan on going to Chicago first, then S. Cali., then back to the Midwest with a visit to Madison and the balance of the time in Chicago.






I started a little running group here. However, sometimes the air is so bad we don't run.






I got nothing else to say right now. I do not have internet at home, still. I use an internet cafe and it is akward using these machines.






I will have a lot to write about the next month. I will try to update this while we are traveling and post the occassional picture.






I am trying to repost the pictures FAS posted, they are the last ones of Christmas.

Hope all is well.

Terry