30 January 2009

HAIKOU, HAINAN PROVINCE (ISLAND)

I am back home in Shangqiu, so I will start putting some pictures and videos on this blog.




Every city in China I have visited has a People's Park. The two pictures above are from Haikou. People's Parks in China are almost always elaborate, well maintained, and I rarely use this word, beautiful. I think the same can be said for the primary parks in America. Because of the number of people in China, the parks here are very clean and well maintained. Very little rubbish (ah the affects of my exposure to the rest of the world is reflected in that word) and constantly changing floral.





I commented on one of the above pictures before, that poor cow. The other is of two Chinese children "celebrating" Christmas. (If I ever get another one of those "Let's keep Christ in Christmas mass emails it will be too soon.)



The top video was taken at Peoples Park and the man is singing Haikou opera. The other is of street traffic in Haikou. I am not posting one of me standing in the middle of a street watching traffic pass.

TTYL