28 May 2008

LATE SPRING IN NAN CHANG

Well well well things have gotten more interesting, confusing and hot here.

Interesting: A new bar has opened and it is fun. It is like the Baton in Chicago. Interesting about bars here, most close at midnight. The people are so used to early closing time that by 11:30 they start to leave.

Confusing: I will not have a job at JUFE next term. Seems that the African teacher that was leaving is not leaving and he satisfies their quota for that skin color. I may go to an Army national defense school 4hours away from here. A friend recommends it highly, only no overnight guest and security is tight.

Hot: 33 yesterday, that is 93 in normal numbers but, it gets up to 44, 40 is 104. And, I will be here until July 29th. I will experience a long period of oppressive heat. The women/girls here carry umbrellas for 10 months of the year. In S. California I was surprised to see people with umbrellas in the sun, here it is common. Following this entry are some umbrella pictures.

TTYL

Terry







This is the only time I have seen a male carrying one.